6 Useful Tips to Help You Choose the Right Title for Your Blog - It's nice to write great content for the web. However, it is more important to get it read by your audiences and ranked by search engines.
6 Useful Tips to Help You Choose the Right Title for Your Blog
By Daniel Tan
Dec 15, 2015 - 4:30:50 AM
It's nice to write great content for the web. However, it is more important to get it read by your audiences and ranked by search engines. Titles are one of the most crucial aspects of a blog that add to its selling value. A good title can make the difference between opening a link and ignoring it. Titles are extremely important in search engines, on social media platforms and in email marketing. Here are a few tips to help you write the perfect title for your next blog post:
1. Know your Audience It is important to know who you are writing for so that you can pick words and phrases that will appeal perfectly to them. Try and get some demographics and social information about your audiences so that your title hits the target aptly.
2. Work Out A Draft Before you finalize the title for your post, begin with a rough working title. This should be related to the subject you are writing for and must include the main words you want to highlight. Once you have a working title, leading it to perfection wont be difficult.
3. Accuracy is Important If your title does not reflect the content that the reader should expect, you will be misleading your audiences. Keep the title accurate so that the reader knows what is following in the content and your blog is read by the desired audiences. Respecting the reader and his time are important rules to follow while writing your title.
4. Keep It Short The size of the title must be long enough to convey a curiosity level and short enough to fit on search engine results. Ideally, your title should be less than 65 characters and about 4-5 words.
5. Embrace Technology Due to the advent of the internet, you will find a lot of help online for your titles. You can use a blog title generator to get some ideas for your blog and find suitable titles that will work online.
6. Optimize it for SEO Try and include one keyword in your blog title so that your blog shows up in search results. When you make your title search-friendly, you have a better chance of being read and shared.
Finding a blog title may seem like a challenging task at first but once you understand the process and take help of blog title generators, you will become a pro at writing effective blog titles. Happy writing!
Disclaimer: Dime-Co.Com is an online information article and video article network. All articles, video articles, comments, and other features herein are for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" without warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind. The views and opinions expressed in an article, comments, links or blogs are the author's own, and not necessarily those of dime-co.com's owners. For full disclaimer, please read our TOS.