Here are the ten best ways to lead through coaching. Coaching helps for better decisions at right time.
1. Ask lots of questions. It worked for Socrates and it can work for you.
2. Have more empathy. Putting yourself in the shoes of a subordinate
will change your perspective.
3. Walk around a lot and be more visible. This produces more brief
coaching moments which are unplanned and more informal.
4. Show others you care about them. Show interest in people and
their entire lives and in return they will become more vested in your goals.
5. Encourage creativity, innovation, new perspectives. Discard the outdated and
ineffective approach to motivation through the promise of rewards or the threat
6. Ask people what they want out of their work and be prepared to help them
to achieve their goals. Long term productivity only occurs when people
find joy in their work.
7. Be fair. Treat people with respect and be nice!
8. Learn to be a great facilitator of ideas and actions. People appreciate good
leadership when they have opportunities to thrive at work.
9. Always look for what is working well, then aim to make it better. Focusing on what is broken will
just uncover more problems and negativity.
10. Always seek to match the right teams together. Like a great basketball
coach, seek to match each person’s abilities and interests together in ways
which each person and the team benefits.
Coaching isn’t just an alternative to leading. It is the way to lead to get
the most out of people. Coaching is good for business and it leads to
I’ll be cheering you on as you go!
Disclaimer: Dime-Co.Com is an online information article and video article network. All articles, video articles, comments, and other features herein are for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" without warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind. The views and opinions expressed in an article, comments, links or blogs are the author's own, and not necessarily those of dime-co.com's owners. For full disclaimer, please read our TOS.