With the hand-held, easy-to-carry mobile phones being used by more than five billion people across the world, it becomes the most powerful medium for businesses to market themselves and reach out to their intended market. Calling people up on their phones for marketing purposes might be a costly and time-consuming process, which may also annoy the customers sometimes. The best solution for this problem is SMS and text message marketing, whose unprecedented power and potential to reach people anywhere at any given time makes it the choice of many businesses.
This dynamic and fast-evolving medium of marketing has the potential to communicate the idea or proposal with immediate call to action. One can send an SMS or text message through mobile phones or other devices using a network. Businesses can send the text online or through mobile phones, depending on the number of recipients of the text message. However, most companies prefer to send text online, as it allows sending larger number of messages with strong content, images and videos.
There are some devices and processes that need to be included in your SMS marketing campaign including SMS gateway. It bridges the gap between the sent message and received message. The SMS gateway acts as a channel between two or more SMS carriers by receiving the message from the sender and forwarding it to the recipientsí carrier. The SMS gateway allows you to send bulk SMS messages in a short period of time and at fraction of the cost you would have to spend if you didnít use the gateway.
The selection of an SMS provider is crucial in SMS marketing. Different SMS providers offer different services. It is wise to have thorough knowledge about their services and experience. Some of the questions to be asked to an SMS provider include-
1. How much experience does your company have in SMS services? The SMS provider should have at least a yearís experience. Working with rookies might be a risky endeavour.
2. Are the messaging services and technologies from Australia or have been bought from foreign suppliers? There are many Australian SMS providers who buy bulk SMS from foreign suppliers, which have low reliability and coverage level. It is important to know if the technology is developed by the company itself. If they use the technology developed by others, it suggests that they lack expertise and knowledge of the service.
3. Does your service support two-way messaging? The service which facilitates replies to the sender, make the communication process better.
4. Do you provide delivery tracking? To know for sure that the message has been delivered to the intended people, delivery tracking service is vital. Prefer an SMS provider who offers this service as well.
5. What kind of customer support services you provide? Telephone customer support services ensure that the queries are answered quickly and easily.
Once who have chosen right SMS gateway and SMS provider, there is no stopping you from connecting with your target market and developing long lasting customer following.
Disclaimer: Dime-Co.Com is an online information article and video article network. All articles, video articles, comments, and other features herein are for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" without warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind. The views and opinions expressed in an article, comments, links or blogs are the author's own, and not necessarily those of dime-co.com's owners. For full disclaimer, please read our TOS.