Finding Career Path in Digital Marketing - The world has gone digital and so have modern businesses. Internet based companies have become very dominant over the past 15 years beginning 1995 since the days when Netscape went public.
• When was the last time you booked a train ticket at the station?
• Looked into an Encyclopedia to find something?
• Posted a letter / card to someone
The world has gone digital and so have modern businesses. Internet based companies have become very dominant over the past 15 years beginning 1995 since the days when Netscape went public. Over the past decade, business models have evolved and become more sophisticated in terms of offering products and services to individuals and other companies.
Online marketing is a challenging profession. It calls for lot of visualization and understanding of the market. To be successful in this profession, the aspirant should have proper training. Recognizing the importance, many institutions have started to conduct courses to train youngsters in the art of digital marketing. Science and technology keep changing. With new inventions, new concepts are introduced. The new approach calls for updating the knowledge. This updating can be done only through proper training programs.
Digital Marketing (DM) includes marketing using digital tools and technologies. Unlike traditional marketing, it is targeted, flexible, measurable and more cost-effective. Plus, it can efficiently use both pull and push methodologies to reach out to an audience. Some of the Channels and Tools of Digital Marketing include:
• Search Engine Marketing: Targeting Existing and Potential Customers when they search on the Internet.
• Social Media Marketing: Targeting Existing and Potential Customers on Social media like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Blogging.
• Display Advertising: Hiring space on other websites to display banners.
• Mobile Marketing: Leveraging location information to advertise on mobile.
• EMail Marketing: Using the power of e-mail to communicate a message.
Like in traditional media, you need trained professionals for:
- Media planning
- Designing, Creating, Executing, Analyzing, Optimizing and Reporting of campaigns.
Within the media landscape, there are companies on different sides of the spectrum such as:
- Advertisers, Agencies, Media Buying Desks, Demand Side Platforms and Ad-Exchanges.
- Data Suppliers/networks, Tools, Yield optimizers, Ad Servers and Publishers.
The global ad industry is worth $700bn and Internet comprises $50bn of that. The Indian ad industry is worth $5bn with the Internet advertising comprising $200mn of that. While today Internet Advertising is a small portion of the total advertising, it is expected to grow at the rate of 30% over the next several years. It will therefore, throw open a lot of opportunities for Digital Marketing agencies to be a part of this next growth story. To ensure that the advertising industry is not found wanting in terms of skilled and competent digital marketing professionals, NyooMedia has designed training modules just suitable for their needs.
So a trained digital media professional can find an opportunity in these media sectors specializing in the tasks as above.
Disclaimer: Dime-Co.Com is an online information article and video article network. All articles, video articles, comments, and other features herein are for informational purposes only and are provided "as is" without warranties, representations or guarantees of any kind. The views and opinions expressed in an article, comments, links or blogs are the author's own, and not necessarily those of dime-co.com's owners. For full disclaimer, please read our TOS.